40 Years of Cooperation ❦ Call for Board Candidates ❦ Co-op Basics-New Lower Prices & Expanded Selection ❦ A Year in Local Produce ❦ Local Producer Spotlight ❦ Change Within Reach Round Up Report ❦ Winter Product Spotlight ❦ Winter Class Schedule ❦ Special Orders... and much more
Are you an enthusiastic, hardworking team player who would like to bring your talents to a business which works to positively impact the community they are owned by and rooted in?
If so… Natural Harvest wants you!
At Natural Harvest, we are committed to being a welcoming place where community members have access to healthy products. We support the local food economy and are proud to offer a marketplace for local products, organic produce and to serve as a link to allow shoppers to support local family farms.
We are now hiring a full-time Grocery Assistant
(For the right candidate, we would split it into 2 part-time positions.)
We are looking for a friendly and hard working foodie to join our team. You must be detail oriented and able to work independently for most of your shift.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Receiving and shelving of all grocery (refrigerated, frozen, bulk, packaged).Replenishing and rotating displays, checking dates. Packaging cheese and bulk items, preparing samples, filling bulk bins. Cleaning of equipment and retail store fixtures.
- Knowledge and familiarity with natural foods and produce.
- Interest in how to prepare food and ability to share with our customers
- Interest in local, sustainable and organic food practices and ability to promote the Co-op and it’s mission to our customers
- Basic understanding of email and Microsoft office suite
- Ability to handle multiple demands and prioritize
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lift 50 lbs regularly throughout your shift, up to 60 lbs occasionally
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to twist, bend, squat, lift arms above your shoulders, push and pull heavy loads on carts.
- Retail experience preferred
This is a full-time position and eligible for PTO, Health and Retirement benefits, as well as our employee discount. Evening and weekend shifts will be required. We are flexible and would consider splitting into
2 part-time positions, if the right candidates apply.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour
Click here for a printable version of this job description.
Please send your application to:
Anja Parenteau, General Manager, Natural Harvest Food Co-op
732 4th N. St Virginia, MN 55792