We’ve Gone Solar ❦ Call for Board Candidates ❦ Local Produce Recap ❦ Winter Classes ❦ Change Within Reach Round-Up Report ❦ Holiday Recipes ❦ Holiday Hours... and much more
Microgrant Program Information & Application
What is the NHFC Microgrant Program?
We are proud to announce our first annual Local Farmer Microgrant! 100% of NHFC’s October customer round-up donations will be used to directly support local farmers. We are excited to strengthen our relationship with local farmers to help increase the production of high quality, sustainably grown food, and ultimately improve overall access to local, healthy food for all our community members.
Grant Information at a Glance
- Grant Application opens January 1, 2020 and closes February 28th, 2020.
- Awardees will be announced at the NHFC Annual meeting in April of 2020.
- Two $1,000 grants will be awarded. Note: this grant will result in taxable income to be reported on a 1099.
- The NHFC Board of Directors will select recipients by using a scoring guide to evaluate the responses on the application.
- Local farmers who supply NHFC with produce, meats or eggs.
- Have supplied NHFC with products for at least one year and/or had $1,000 in total farm sales to NHFC this past year.
- Must live within 100 miles of NHFC.
- Complete full application and W-9: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf
- Work with NHFC to share your story and the progress of your Microgrant funded project.
- Funds must not be used to supplement general business operations or expenses.
Microgrant uses can include (but are not limited to):
- Implementation of sustainable farming practices and land management
- Cost associated with transitioning to organic certification
- Season extension projects
- Training, courses, and other forms of education specific to your business
- New product development such as value-added farm goods, diversifying crops or livestock, etc.
- Equipment or technology upgrades such as heaters, refrigerators, solar installations, business management software, etc.
- Marketing improvements such as labeling and packaging, web design, etc.
Submit a completed application by February 28th, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it directly to the Co-op to the attention of the NHFC Microgrant Program.
Natural Harvest Food Co-op
Attn: NHFC Microgrant Program
732 N. 4th St.
Virginia, MN 55792
If you have any questions please contact the Board at the email address provided above.