Composting 101 ❦ Microgrant Winner Announcement ❦ Round-up Report ❦ General Manager’s Report ❦ Board Report... and much more
Co-op Updates: COVID-19
Update June 1, 2020
The Hot Bar and Salad Bar are back in a new way!
All items will be served in prepacked grab & go style.
Hot Bar: Monday-Friday (11:00-2:00) *while supplies last
Salad Bar: Open Daily
Effective June 1st, all Co-op staff are required to wear a face-covering or face shield.
Co-op shoppers are also encouraged to wear coverings. We wear them for you, please wear them for us.
Update May 18, 2020
Specialty sandwiches are back with a limited menu!
Now offering: The Pesto Turkey and The Cuban
As deli orders start to pick up more of your favorite sandwiches will return.
Update May 11, 2020
New Store Hours
Weekdays: 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturdays: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sundays: 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Update May 6, 2020
Face Coverings – Let’s Protect Each Other
- Please wear a face covering when shopping at your Co-op.
- If you would like to donate homemade cloth masks for Co-op employees please reach out to our Marketing Director: (218) 741-4663 or email@example.com
- Cart wipes are becoming difficult to keep in-stock you can help by bringing your own supply of wipes when shopping.
- In the event we run out of cart wipes spray sanitizer and paper towels will be available for customers to wipe carts.
- Co-op staff will also be wiping down carts and baskets frequently throughout the day.
- If you would like to donate cart wipes to the Co-op please contact our Marketing Director: (218) 741-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff & Shopper Safety Reminders
- Stay home if you are ill or have been exposed to someone who is ill.
- Have friends or family shop for you if you’re at risk.
- Reserve our first hour of business each day for high risk shoppers.
- Plan ahead by making list in order to limit your number of shopping trips.
- Shop alone if possible.
- Avoid shopping during hours of high customer traffic.
- Please wear a mask when you shop.
- Use sanitizing wipes to wipe down carts and baskets.
- Use sanitizer to disinfect your hands before and after shopping.
- Keep 6 feet of distance from staff and other shoppers.
- Limit socializing and avoid congregating while inside the store.
- Use credit cards over cash to reduce contact at the register.
- Consider using our Curbside Pickup program.
- Wash your hands after handling and putting away groceries.
Update May 5, 2020
Reusable Bags & Containers Reminder
- Until further notice reusable containers and produce bags are not to be used in the store.
- You can still bring a reusable grocery bag but will be asked to bag bag your own groceries.
Update May 4, 2020
Staff Temperature Logging
- In support of hosting a safe working and shopping environment all Co-op staff now have their temperatures taken when they arrive for their shifts. If a staff member is displaying a fever they will be sent home and will follow CDC recommendations regarding when it will be safe for them to return to work.
Update April 9, 2020
Sandwich & Coffee Punch Cards
- To reduce contact the punch card programs have been suspended until further notice.
- Please hang on to your cards for when the situation changes.
Update March 31, 2020
Bulk Days Sale April 22-25
- Canceled due to social distancing and supply limitations
NHFC Bag Program – Postponed
To reduce waste, it had been announced in the spring newsletter that the Co-op would start charging for bags effective April 22, 2020. This has been postponed given current the pandemic situation.
Update March 30, 2020
New Store Hours
Weekdays: 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturdays: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sundays: 11:00 AM – 6:00 PM
We anticipate these hours to be in effect until the “Stay at Home” order is lifted by the Governor of Minnesota.
Update March 27, 2020
Emergency Worker Benefits
The State of Minnesota has declared grocery stores as essential businesses and grocery workers are now emergency workers.
- All staff will receive an “Emergency Worker” wage increase of $2 per hour.
- All staff have been awarded with an additional week of PTO.
Owner Discount Suspended Effective April 1, 2020
In support of Emergency Worker Benefits and the long-term financial health of our Co-op, the monthly 5% Owner Discount has been suspended along with the New Owner 5% Discount we would offer on the day of Ownership investment.
*These changes were presented by our General Manger to our Board of Directors during the March meeting. Your Board of Directors is in full support of the change.
Annual Meeting of Owners to be Held Virtually
The meeting will be held virtually on Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 6:00 PM. The meeting weblink will be shared closer to the meeting date. We are unable to offer Board Election voting during the meeting.
Board Election Voting
Ballots Must Reach the Co-op by 7:00 PM on Wednesday, April 29.
We are unable to offer last minute voting during the Virtual Annual Meeting. Ballots are available in-store and on our website.
Update March 25, 2020
Suspending Product Returns
- Until further notice, product returns or exchanges are no longer accepted.
Practice Social Distancing
- Please do your best to stay 6ft away from staff and shoppers who are not your immediate family.
- Please do not congregate unnecessarily and limit your time in the store.
- If you have the option please shop alone to help limit the number of people inside the store at one time.
- Limit your shopping trips and only shop for what you need.
- Utilize our new “Shop for Me” program with curbside pickup.
Limit Contact at the Checkout
- Avoid paying with cash or check. Credit or debit payments preferred.
- Go the extra mile & purchase a reloadable gift card to reduce cash usage.
- Mind the lines, tape has been placed on the floor at the checkouts as a reminder to keep distance from other customers and cashiers.
- Do your best to give cashiers space when checking out.
- If you bring your own bag you will be asked to bag your own groceries.
Update March 19, 2020
New Store Hours Effective Saturday, March 21st
Store Hours are changing to 9am-7pm daily, effective March 21. This allows us extra time to clean, stock shelves and best serve our community.
We are proactively starting to prepack all Bulk items until further notice. Items will be marked with their PLU number and weight for your convenience.
Special Orders & Product Limits
We’re experiencing consistent out-of-stocks from our suppliers. To help ensure that we’re able to provide the best access to available items for our shoppers we are taking the following temporary measures effective immediately:
Suspending special orders until further notice. All special orders that have arrived need to be picked up by Friday, March 27 at 8pm. Items not picked up will be stocked on the shelves.
We are also in the process of imposing purchase limits on products that are in high demand, signage will be posted near these products indicating their limit amount.
Update March 17, 2020
Natural Harvest Food Co-op is committed to the health and safety of our employees, shoppers and community. In response to current events we have increased our efforts to provide everyone with a safe and sanitary working and shopping environment.
We are committed to the keeping the doors open, the shelves stocked and have the safety of our staff and shoppers at top priority. We will continue to follow all local, state, and federal recommendations and are prepared to act within our emergency preparedness plan.
We are currently taking preventive measures:
- We are monitoring the guidelines for the food industry as established by the Department of Health and the CDC and will comply with their recommendations.
- We have implemented an even more thorough cleaning schedule of common surfaces such as door handles, shared workstations, payment machines, carts, baskets, and other high touch surfaces.
- While staff are always required to wash their hands, we are reminding and encouraging more frequent hand washing as well as providing them with hand sanitizer.
- All sampling has been suspended along with the Co+op Explorer free fruit program. Testers have been removed from the Wellness department.
- We will continue to review and update employer practices to best support the health and safety of our employees.
- As always, employees will be encouraged to stay home when showing symptoms of illness.
- Regular communications with our staff regarding the situation and providing them with the most up-to-date safety guidance, as recommended by the CDC and other health officials.
- We have closed our seating areas in support of social distancing in addition to canceling upcoming classes, events, and community group meetings.
- Our deli is also implementing preventative measures which include:
- All Hot Bar & Salad Bar items will be prepackaged and served from our Grab & Go Deli Cooler.
- Drip coffee and tea will no longer be self-serve, it must be ordered from a deli staff.
- All specialty sandwiches and beverages will be served in to-go containers.
- Reusable cups will not be accepted for use.
- Bakery items are now individually wrapped.
How we’ve been affected so far:
Supply on some products has tightened and this has led to some out of stock items. Our manufacturers are working to replenish inventories as quickly as possible, and we are doing our best to keep items in stock. Our goal is to remain open and available to meet the needs of our community.
How you can help:
As a shopper of your Co-op we are asking to you partner with us in working to flatten the curve and prevent the spread COVID-19. If you are showing signs of illness or have been in contact with someone who is ill, please stay home. Social distancing is caring.
- St. Louis County
- Minnesota Department of Health
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Org, ization (WHO)
Please check back here for updates. As this situation progresses, we are preparing to implement additional measures to ensure the health and safety our staff, shoppers and community.
NHFC General Manager
If you have any questions please reach out by phone (218) 741-4663 or email email@example.com