Short & Sweet 2016 Annual Report ❦ Spring Election Results ❦ Produce Options for Bust Schedules ❦ Class in Session ❦ Allafia Empowerment Project ❦ New Product Spotlight ❦ “Change Within Reach” Round-up Report & More!... and much more
Slow Cooker “Corned” Beef with Cabbage
- 1 T. coarse salt
- 1 T. fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 dried bay leaves, crumbled
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. ground coriander
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1/4 t. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t. ground cloves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 T. (cider) vinegar
- 1/2 T. mustard, stone-ground
- 1 or 2 beef brisket ( 1.5 – 3 pounds), use our 1000 Hills Minnesota Beef!
- 1/2 c. beer
- 1/2 c. orange juice (or from one orange)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 beets, washed, trimmed & quartered (or more, depending on size)
- 1 head green cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Mix all spice ingredients together.
- Rub spice mixture on brisket, both sides and refrigerate overnight.
- NEXT DAY: Place carrots and beets and some onions in the bottom of your crock-pot, add brisket, then cover with the rest of the onions and the cabbage. Combine beer and orange juice, and pour into pot. Cook on low for 6 – 8 hours.
- To serve, slice brisket and serve with vegetables and broth. Mashed potatoes would go nicely, too! HAPPY ST. PATRICK’S DAY!