What Our Board of Directors Does & How You Can Become a Part of It ❦ Fair Trade & How You Can Help ❦ Staff Favorites for the Holidays ❦ Your Purchases Support a Better Way of Doing Business ❦ This Year in Local Produce ❦ Goodness Giveaway & More!... and much more
What to do with Chorizo? Try this:
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 c. Arborio rice
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size chunks
- 8 oz chorizo, cut into bite size chunks
- 2 Tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- A few pinches of saffron
- 5 c. chicken broth, heated
- 8 shrimp or fish filets of choice
- 1 c. peas or corn
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges for serving
Heat oven to 425°F.
Place tomatoes, onions, garlic, and chorizo into a 9 x13 baking dish. Drizzle with oil and bake for 15 minutes.
Add rice, saffron, chicken, rosemary, and the hot chicken broth. Mix well. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
Add the shrimp or cut up fish and the peas or corn and bake without the foil for 10 more minutes or until the rice is tender. Adjust seasonings with salt & pepper.
Serve with the lemon wedges. Enjoy!