What Our Board of Directors Does & How You Can Become a Part of It ❦ Fair Trade & How You Can Help ❦ Staff Favorites for the Holidays ❦ Your Purchases Support a Better Way of Doing Business ❦ This Year in Local Produce ❦ Goodness Giveaway & More!... and much more
Wayne’s Wild Rice Stuffing
- 1/2 cup raw wild rice,
- 6 cups of bread cubes,
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 stalks celery
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 package chopped chestnuts
- 1 Tbsp rubbed sage, or more
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Enough chicken broth to moisten bread cubes well
- Simmer Wild Rice in water until cooked
- Bake bread crumbs at 300 degrees oven until dry
- Saute onion, celery and mushrooms with butter until tender, add salt & pepper to taste. Add sausage or cubed winter squash to change things up.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled bread cubes, wild rice & veggie mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients
- Put stuffing in casserole dish, put little butter pats on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees, covered for 30-40 minutes.
- Uncover for the last 5-10 minutes if you like the top crusty.