Vote for Your New Board Members ❦ NEW Owner Deal Coupons ❦ Sign Up for Owner Texting Perk ❦ Owner Appreciation Day ❦ Annual Meeting Invite ❦ Tips for Shopping Co-op on a Family Budget ❦ NEW Natural Harvest Owner Stickers ❦ Spring Classes and More!... and much more
Are you an enthusiastic, hardworking team player who would like to bring your talents to a business which works to positively impact the community they are owned by and rooted in?
If so… Natural Harvest wants you!
At Natural Harvest, we are committed to being a welcoming place where community members have access to healthy products. We support the local food economy and are proud to offer a marketplace for local products, organic produce and to serve as a link to allow shoppers to support local family farms.
We are looking for an awesome Deli Assistant.
DELI ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Purpose: To prepare quality food according to deli recipes in a timely, efficient manner. To package, wrap, label and serve fresh, high-quality food and provide prompt, friendly, helpful customer service to help the deli department meet goals for sales, margin, labor costs and customer service.
Status: Reports to Deli Manager
Pay Level I
Part-time hourly position, 20-25 hours per week
NATURAL HARVEST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND INTERNAL SERVICE BASICS FOR ALL STAFF:
- Provide excellent customer service to our shoppers, including greeting customers, smiling and making eye contact.
- Make the customer’s needs your priority whenever on the sales floor or answering the phone.
- Help customers find product locations.
- Accurately answer customer questions about products, store policies and co-op ownership.
- Take initiative to constantly learn about products, product location and policies.
- Resolve customer complaints in a fair and tactful manner.
- Assist with placing and picking up special orders.
- Share information with our shoppers about co-op happenings, educational opportunities, and the benefits of co-op ownership.
- Answer phones by the third ring.
- Provide excellent internal customer service to all staff members, maintaining an attitude of goodwill toward yourself and others.
- Help to create a work environment that is cooperative, fun, productive, and safe, and that focuses on solutions instead of problems.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Prepare sandwiches to order and serve customers from hot and cold deli cases in prompt, friendly, courteous manner.
- Prepare and serve fresh juices and smoothies to customer order.
- Offer tastes, samples, suggestions for purchase and ways to prepare products.
- Maintain specials board.
- Report customer suggestions, comments and/or complaints to Deli Manager.
- Stock deli display cases fully to give a feeling of abundance.
- Ensure freshness of deli items by rotating and by keeping batches separate by date.
- Label or sign items with price and ingredients where appropriate.
- Cut, wrap and weigh cheese to maintain fully stocked cheese case.
- Prepare trays for catering jobs.
- FOOD PREPARATION
- Prepare deli foods, including soups, salads, wraps and sandwiches, spreads and dips according to established recipes.
- Follow production schedule as directed by Deli Manager.
- Assemble, wrap and price sandwiches and other deli food as needed.
- Repackage deli items purchased from outside sources for resale as needed.
- Maintain kitchen in sanitary and orderly condition, following health department standards.
- Research and develop new recipes and recommend to deli manager.
- DEPARTMENT MAINTENANCE
- Pull old or low-quality items, record and properly dispose of them, following established procedures.
- Maintain counter, deli cases and prep areas in sanitary and orderly condition following health department regulations.
- Keep seating area clean, removing dishes and trays, wiping clean all surfaces, removing trash promptly.
- Stock and tidy up condiments area.
- Remove trash promptly, sweep and mop counter areas as needed.
- Follow safety, storage and labeling procedures.
- Use equipment safely. Monitor cooler temperatures. Advise Deli Manager of equipment repair and replacement needs.
- Participate in periodic inventory counts.
- Carry out established opening and closing procedures
- Attend department and storewide meetings.
- Perform other tasks assigned by Deli Manager.
– Experience working in a commercial kitchen environment
– Ability to handle multiple demands
– Ability to project friendly, outgoing personality
– Attention to detail
– Communications skills–good listener
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to twist, squat and lift above your shoulders
- Ability to work in cold and hot environment (kitchen coolers, freezers, kitchen)
- Manual dexterity with kitchen equipment
- Task-oriented and focused
- Regular, predictable attendance
View printer friendly version of job description here
Please send your application to:
Anja Parenteau, General Manager, Natural Harvest Food Co-op
732 4th N. St Virginia, MN 55792